Monday, May 28, 2018

Well, to say the least... it has been awhile!

So...where do I even begin after such a long hiatus? I guess really it has to start with what I have been up to and really what I have NOT been up to. The last 6 years have been quite eventful to say the least. Bought a house, finally started a full time career outside the car world, and spending time with my family of course.

Yes, finally bought a house. it even has a two car garage that currently has NO cars in it. It sits with building materials, a lawn mover, snow blower, and all of my random tools that I have accrued while working on the house. The 2003 Elantra GT that I had for some many years finally when to the junkyard. After hitting 4 deer, almost all in a row, rust galore, and the motor having 297,000 miles it was time to say goodbye to it. I then took over my wife's 2004 Elantra GLS AUTOMATIC. My heart breaks a little every time I drive it. Its not that bad of course, I did manage to swap over the whiteline rear sway bar to it.  The break from the car world has not been completely devoid of car content and I have been trying to take the next step and get back into the car world. My house, however has taken up quite a bit of my time and money. This has left little room for new cars, hell no room for used cars either. To be honest new cars now are just not doing it for me,  but that is a conversation to be had on another day.

Why am I starting this blog back up if I don't even have a car to work on or even review? Honestly, it is for my own sanity. I need and outlet to kind of express the lack and frustration of not having a car that is fun to drive. I watch others on youtube and friends with their own cars. Hell, I even when to a track event with my buddy and his 2006 Porsche cayman race car. I think this track event reignited the fire that had been hidden by working too many hours and too many house projects. I am hopeful for a change soon.

When I graduated in 2011 with, I'm sure is my third career, I had three simple goals. First was to actually find a good paying job and begin the infamous life's journey of working 9 to 5 and having weekends and holidays off. Being in the medical field I should have known better. This could not have been further from the truth. I have been through three different per diem jobs. A weekend job and now finally in the last year or so a full time job. Second, was to find a house suitable for any car that I might take home. It needed at least a two car garage and some working space. Living space and a yard was a definite plus, but as a car guy my focus was my work space. This was obtained in 2013 and has been draining my pockets since. It needs it and will be an awesome little place for me and my family. Even if perhaps what I have in my head does not come to fruition, it will be close. Third was to get my hands on a Genesis coupe. I have been eyeing it since I worked at the dealership and saw them hit the showroom floor. I waited and waited then the 2014 R-spec came out in that pearlescent white, brembo package, limited slip differential and finally an upgraded transmission. But, alas my saved money went down on the house and new home for any car that I might have taken home. Years later and life as yet to give me the ability to obtain one. That is okay, because I think I might be going in another direction...

stay tuned...more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment